GW2: My Hopes and Fears of PvP (will it really be different?)
For the FIRST time ever I am actually excited about PvP. I admit that I don't have a lot of experience. And most of it was really bad (as in WoW pvp twinks pwning my ass anytime I tried the battlegrounds, or random ganking during PvE).
I wasn't fortunate enough to have enough friends/people willing to group with me in the battlegrounds. I was never able to practice anything worthwhile. There is a big difference between performing a certain way vs just reading how to do it...
So why should GW2 PvP be any better??
- No world PvP: Hallelujah! There won't be any ganking and griefing during PvE!
- PvP without factions: You won't get stuck on a losing side because you are outnumbered 3 to 1
- Objective focus is more important: Rewards (glory) are obtained by completing objectives (ie. capturing resource nodes etc) and not just player kills only resulting in a massive gank fest.
- PvP is more lively then ever!: Nothing stops, everything and everyone is in constant motion, even the casters! (my personal fav!!)
- Everyone gets a heal spell: Need I say more?
- Elimination of gear/weapon grinds: The best gear/weapons will be more accessible to everyone. Does this mean pvp twinks won't completely dominate like in WoW? TYVM!
- WvWvW: 3 servers battle, castles and keeps, siege machines, stone golems (and maybe other funky weapons engineered?), up to 500 players! O_O The only con I can see is that some people might not like how much time is required in building your castle or busting down an enemy's door (or if they are like me, they have a baby who randomly needs me and I can't always invest a sequential couple hours into a game). Since I haven't had the chance to play WvWvW, I would like to know how it would work when you only pop in for 30mins or so?
And a BIG reason that WvWvW makes me so excited is because of all the fantasy books I've been reading... so many EPIC fantasy war scenes! (check out my /FAV reads tab at top of page)
Well here's to hoping that GW2 delivers @ release! Don't even get me started on how disappointing a few previous MMOs have been... >:( They had so much potential and totally flopped *Ahem.. FF14*
What do YOU think about GW2 PvP? Do you have any memorable experiences from beta that you would like to share? Or if you have any more insight (or even corrections) to my impressions of PvP, please share!
Thanks for reading! <See you again!>~Serenity